Video Consult FAQs
How do I book a video consultation?
Call 604. 251-1975
We will book two appointments: your video consultation + vaccine and prescription pick up appointment
What computer equipment do I need for a video consultation ?
A desk top, lap top iphone or android device
For Iphones or Androids
you just install a free app prior to your appointment time, Search Livecare ConnectM in your app store
Ensure Chrome is the default internet browser,
Ensure your computer has a camera, microphone and speakers
Stable wi-fi connection
How do I initiate my video consult?
We will send you a video appointment confirmation email when you book your appointment. Click the ‘join’ link in the appointment email.
What happens if I miss my video consult ?
Simply call 604. 251-1975 to book another appointment. (There will be a cancellation fee if we aren’t notified 24h before your appointment)
Do you need any medical records/info prior to the video consult?
• We will send a Client Intake Form attached to your appointment confirmation email.
• We ask you complete page 1, scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: video consult in advance of your appointment.
How long is the video consultation?
For one person – 15-20 mins
Two people – 30 mins
Families 45 mins
Will my consultation be private?
• Privacy is important! We provide video consultations in a private setting. We recommend you are in a quiet and private area for your appointment.
Will the consultation be recorded? (This response needs more detail)
• No the consultation will not be recorded. The Canadian system we use is known to the College of Physicians and Surgeons and is secure.
Do I need to download a program (skype, etc…)
• Yes. You will just need to install a free app on your iphone or android prior to your appointment time. You will need to ensure Chrome is the default internet browser on your desk/laptop. It is intuitive and simple. We will send a cheat sheet with your confirmation email as well as a phone number to call if you have technical difficulties.
How much does it cost?
• The video consultation is the same price as a face-to-face consultation. $45.00
Is a video consultation as comprehensive as a face-to-face consult?
• Yes. You will receive the same information as a face-to-face consultation. The only difference is you are in the convenient private setting of your own home or office.
Can more than one person have a video consultation at a time?
• We recommend two people on the same itinerary for a video consultation, or parents seeking a consultation for themselves and their children
A consultation is required if you are travelling to a country with risk of yellow fever.
Please allow over an hour for your appointment. We suggest you review our vaccine price list before your appointment.